Visual artist, Art historian. He works with multimedia, as painting, photography, video, text, installation, drawing, graphics and performance. He works also as an art educator and advisor, and holds workshops and lectures. He has in recent years produced several works that relate critically to community policy on issues such cultural identity and gender and has prepared a thesis on feminism and contemporary art.
Born in Tawra, Iraq and lives and works in Denmark since 1993. He is educated from the Academy of Fine Arts, University of Baghdad and he has also been awarded the degree of Master in Arts in Art History from The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts and University of Copenhagen.
Selected productions and exhibitions
• Kvinder Museum of Denmark.
• Palazzo Querini Stampalia, Venice, Italy.
• National Gallery of Denmark (SMK).
• The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts.
• Maraya Art Centre, Sharjah, Dubai.
• koh-i-noor, Copenhagen, DK.
• Den Frie Centre of Contemporary Art, Copenhagen, DK.
• North Jutland Art Museum, Aalborg, DK.
• Museum of Foreign Art, Latvia.
• Gallerie Progres, Horsens, DK.
• Gallery Zero, Barcelona, Spain.
• Øksnehallen, Copenhagen, DK.
• The Round Tower, Copenhagen, DK.
• Art Museum of Prague, Czech Republic.
• Italienska Palatset, Vaxjo, Sweden.
• Janus bygningen, West Jutland Art Museum, DK.
• Gallery Art Galaxy, Helsink, Finland.
• Gallery Zandi, Berlin, Germany.
• Museum of Contemporary Art, Roskilde, DK.
• Sophienholm, Lyngby, DK.
• Drammen Museum, Norway.
• Gjethuset, Frederiksværk, DK.
• Narva Museum, Estonia,
• National Museum of Tartu, Estonia.
• The jury of the Russian’ Art Week, 2015-16.
• The Arts Council, Rødovre Municipality 2016-
• The Danish Visual Artists' Association (BKF).
• The International Association of Visual Artists (IAA).
• The board of the Center for Art and Interculture (CKI) 2009-11.
• Art Advisor for working committee of Danish Refugee Council's Arts Foundation 2007-10.
• The judging panel for the Danish Refugee Council's Artist Prize 2009.
Grants and awards
• The Danish Arts Council.
• Danish Center for Culture and Development.
• National Bank of Denmark, Erik Hoffmeyer Price.
• Copenhagen Cultural Foundation.
• Ministry of Culture, Development Foundation.
Grønlunds Allé 34 A
DK- 2610 Rødovre
Tel: +45 20 89 82 05
E. mail: email@example.com